What is Robotics?
Robotics as the name suggests is the science and study of robots. The term robot comes from the check word ROBOTA(forced labour) which was first invented by Karel Capek in 1921.
A robot, as by word comes to the mind, a man-made computerized machine. Which performs tasks on human commands by themselves and seek to make life easier for the human being.
What is Robot?
A robot is an integrated system made up of sensors, manipulators, control systems, power supplies and a software. Which work co-dependently in order to perform a task.
- Therefore the study of robots requires a multi-disciplinary approach. Which includes subjects like science, physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, structural engineering, mathematics, computing as well as biology, chemistry, and medicine.
- Making of robots has never been an easy task and not all machines can be classified as robots.
- There are several characteristics that make a machine to be called as ROBOTS.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE MACHINE A ROBOT ?
One of the most important aspects of a machine to be called as a ROBOT is its ability to sense the environment in which it is working. The sensing ability of a robot is very not much different from that of humans.
They are engineered to have the following types of sensors:-
Light sensors-> Which perform the function of eyes.
Touch sensors -> Which perform a function of the hand.
Pressure sensors -> Which performs the function of the nose.
Sonar sensors -> Which performs the function of ears.
Taste sensors -> Which performs the function of the tongue.
And all of these sensors together make a robot which will be aware of its surroundings.
- A Robot has the ability to move and loco-mote from one place to another. Who even moves from one of its parts like cane ton to carry out movement of products.
- This can be done by use of rolling re-use, working legs or propelling on frustule.
- A robot is required to have a power source to carry around tasks.
- A robot can get its energy through source charging electrical charging or battery charging depending on the nature of the task to be performed by the robot.
- One of the most important characteristics of a robot is that it is required to be intelligent.
- The robot is required to have its masks to be able to complete tasks on the human command. The robot can sit smartly by the use of programming.
- It is a center of a robot to have some way of receiving the program for its efficient working.
- The humans have the earnest desire to do their work with maximum possible ease and comfort into make, which happens re-invented robots.
- It should be a difficult task to perform for humans.
Importance of robots in various fields
In scenarios where human find difficulty in performing tasks. Robots function well to perform robotic tasks such as monitor environmental quality, recognize people or objects, respond to alarms, pick up supplies etc.
Rather than exposing a human being to danger robots are engineered well to perform such tasks.
A robot is also considered as a good idea for going into the building, whether it is a probability of bomb.
Robots are also installed in factories like that of cars, candibaas and electronics to carry out its manufacturing and production processes.
The use of robots has expanded to the field of medicine, clean water, anti-explores are the planets.
Are Robots boon for humankind?
- Robots have been proven to be a boon for the man-kind, since the time of its construction.
- Use of robots as its encouraged as its use is much cheaper than the use of human resources.
- It is also been found that it is easier for robots to carry out tasks in even dangerous or typical situations. Which may seem impossible for human beings to perform.
- Robots can explore inside the gas tanks and volcano’s, diffuse the bomb, travel the mass and go to the places with extreme conditions high or low-temperature pressure or contaminated places where survival of humans is next to impossible.
- The Robots can do repetitive tasks the multiple numbers of times. Without getting bored in less time and with much more accuracy, cutting down losses and fewer mistakes or hazards.
- Also the robot never get sick do not require sleep, do not need food, do not require to take rest, and never complain about the work proving to be best over reasons. While the use of robots is encouraged into days time.
Which material is required to design a robot?
- The robots can be made from acrylic materials, the most common being metals into plastics.
- The making of robots is not an easy process and require ample amount of knowledge, will-power, strength, and patience.
However, there are 3 basic components, which are found in everywhere art of robots.
These components are:
a. The controller.
b. Mechanical parts.
a. The controller
The controller is referred to as the brain of the robot, which is programmed to respond to a command for completion of the task.
The command given to the robot by the controller is detailed in nature, as it provides with every minute information required to make the move.
b. Mechanical parts
It consists of parts like pistons, wheels and caves that helps the robot, to carry out functions such as holding, clipping, turning, twisting and lifting.
These parts require a regular source of energy through means of charging to be able to complete the commanded task.
The robots are also in-built with sensors, which allows the robot, to make it estimated about the surroundings.
These sensors help the robot to retain sciences, shapes, space between objects, directions and other properties of the substance. Some even have the capability to determine the pressure that needs to be applied to pick an item without disrupting it.
All these components of the robots are working in relation with each other, for obtaining the desired output through the work of robot.
Artificial Intelligence correlation with robotics
- Artificial Intelligence is also known as machine intelligence is en-corporate into the robots, to give them the ability to ex-irritate human life behavior.
- The main aim of artificial intelligence was to re-create human intelligence.
- Some robots are capable of learning through situations, they use surrounding knowledge to make future decisions.
- Robots can even count the number of cookies they are packing into boxes or can estimate the time in dual of interchanging of traffic light colors to regulate traffic etc.
- The face recognition software and complicating spreadsheet software all games that require players responses are all examples of artificial intelligence which are presently used.
Limitations of robots
All the things in the market or in the world come with sets of pros and cons and they, therefore, indicates that there are certain limitations to the use of robots.
- The robots are not able to take the decision of their own. I realize the decision making ability and perform normally those tasks that they are performed for. They are engineered to be artificially intelligent and possess the ability to earn.
- They still are unlimited by the commands from the controller the field of science is never ending and continuously advancing field. Robotics is a part of it which started to come in the mid of 21st century.
- The manufacture of robots has been the problem to be useful in various fields. And its production continues for achieving maximum profits and development benefits.