Google Search Statistics
- 3.5 billion searches are performed on google every single day.
- Seriously, no matter what you do, people are looking for your product and services on google.
- Cell phone repair shop: 1,700 monthly searches.
- iPhone charger: 34,000 monthly searches.
- Best smart phones: 41,000 monthly searches.
And these search volumes are only for US based searches.
But here is the thing
- Even through there are billion of searches every single day, our recent study shows that 91% content get no traffic from google.
- So how do you join the other 9% of web pages and start getting free, consistent, and passive traffic from google?
For this you should understand the concept of SEO, organic reputation, and online reputation.
The following points are going to show you how to start attracting customers from the world’s largest search engine.
- The seo tool that helps you grow your search traffic research your competitors and dominate your niche(employment).
- After reading this you will have very clear and easy action items that you can implement into your website right away.
- So we will be covering the most important thing that you should know to ensure that your website is optimized for search.
What is seo?
- It stands for search engine optimization.
2. It is the process of optimizing your website and web pages to get “free”, “Organic”, traffic from search engines like google.
- Search engines aren’t returned in any random order.
- Google tries to return the most relevant results first by using sophisticated algorithms.
- They are so good at this, that most of us have to click through the page 2 of the search results.
- No body knows exactly how these algorithms work or the exact factors it looks at to rank a web-page. But we do know a lot of the so-called “Google ranking factors”. So we are able to make some optimizations.
So your job is going to be two-fold
- We need to make sure that it’s easy for search engines to understand what is your page is about and create that matches what we call, “the searcher’s intent”, right?
- We need to show Google and other search engines that it’s worthy of ranking.
Now let us take an example to understand that how seo actually works
We are going to understand the concept of seo with the help of an example. Suppose for a moment that you are a librarian but not a normal librarian, librarian for every book in the world. People depend on you every day for every book they need.
HOW DO YOU DO IT?
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
You need a system you need to know what’s inside every book and how are books relate to each other. Your system needs to take in a lot of information and spread out the best answer of pages of questions, it is not an easy job.
SEARCH ENGINES like google, yahoo, bing contains libraries as the inner net. These systems collect the information about every page on the web so that people can find the data exactly what they are looking for.
What search engines contains inside it?
And every search engine has a secret recipe known as an algorithm for turning all those information into useful search results. Now if you are on a website search result matters. If your page is on high ranking then more people will find you.
The key to higher ranking is making sure that your website has the ingredients which search engine needs for their recipes. This is known as SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION.
Now the question arises what are the keys required to perform search engine optimization?
Following are the main required ingredients which are useful in any search algorithm for taking your website to high ranking on google.
- Words Matter
- Title Matter
- Links Matter
- Words in the Links
Let us take a look
(a) Words Matter
- Search engine again searches for every word on a web.
- This way if someone searches for “athletic shorts”.
- The search engines can result only to the pages which contain athletic shorts in its content.
(b) Title Matter
- Each and every page on the web has an official title.
- Example:- <title> This one is official </title>.
- But this title is never seen because it’s in code.
Search Engine pays a lot of attention to page title because they often summarize the page like a book’s title.
(c) Links Matter
- Links between website matter.
- When our web page links to another it is usually a recommendation, telling users that this site has good information.
- A web page with lots of links coming to it can look good to search engines. But some people try to fool search engines by creating or by bogus links all over the web that point to their own website. Usually search engine can have the track when the site has a lot of them. And can again afford it by trustworthy sites more weight is the recipe.
(d) Words used in links
- Words that are used in the links matters too.
- If your web page says the earth is flat, and the word the earth or flat is linked to HTTP://amazon.com.
- Amazon.com is related to the word earth or flat.
- This way when someone searches for the word earth or flat these sites rank well.
Lastly, search engine cares about reputation. Sites with a consistent result of fresh engaging content enrolling the number of quality links may be considered as rising stars and do well in search rankings.
These are just the basics and the recipes are formed and are changed all the time. Good Search engine optimization is about making sure that your website has great content that is supported by the ingredients that the search engine needs for their recipes.
To increase Referrals, one need to follow some easy steps which are as follows
Find relevant keywords that people are searching for and see how these search queries fit into your business.
The easiest way to start finding relevant keywords is to put yourself in the shoes of a potential customer.
Example: A bride and groom looking for some magical wedding photos would search for wedding photographer which makes sense.
Make list of keywords.
Now that we have a list of keywords its time to optimize your pages.
In the world of SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, this is called as on-page seo.
Since we know the keywords that people are searching for in GOOGLE. Its gives us clues on the language we should use to let both google and potential customers know what your page is about.
What one should not do?
Two things one should avoid are as follows:
- You don’t have to use your exact match keyword since google has got pretty smart at understanding what your page is about.
- And secondly it’s very important to note that you should not try to trick Google by using keywords where they don’t belong.
3. Your first priority should be to optimize page for people because it is checked that robots are not going to pay you for your services.
So for on-page seo, the following are the 4 very basic, but important tips that one can use on every page to optimize.
- First is to optimize your title, tags, and meta descriptions. The purpose of these is to entice someone to click through to your page.
And if people are actually clicking through to your page, then that’s telling Google that your page is likely relevant to the reason, why they had searched for the query in the first place, right?
- And Google actually even bold these keywords and similar keywords within the search results making them stand out.
- For meta description one can explain in a couple brief sentences what the page is about.
But rather than putting a generic description that everyone else is doing and calling oneself the best. You can put something like which sums up all the keywords which are separated by commas also you may put some interesting creative catchy line which attract reader.
- The last part of on-page optimization is the most important and that is actual content on the page.
POINTS TO PONDER
- Your job is to help google best identify your page as being relevant to the user’s search query.
- And as you are writing the copy for your page, you might want to keep this in mind and sprinkle them in where it makes sense and it should read naturally to visitors.
- The vital step is to ensure that you are targeting keywords that will provide you with the most exposure to your page.
- The last thing you should do it to include your primary keyword phrase in the URL of the page, for this a really quick hack you can do is to look at the to 10 rankings and see how they have optimized of those pages to rank there.
- For service page, we would do the same thing as we did before with the title tag, meta description, and the content on the page.
- To include URL, if you are a word press user you can just click on the permalink and edit it using hyphens to separate spaces.
- Some pages you may find as to be over optimized for their keyword, which again will do more harm than good in the long run.
- What you are seeing here is an opportunity to overtake these search results.
- Basically, the google has no choice but to choose the best option from a bad pool of pages.
- So by this point we have optimized our main pages for different services, and we have covered the basics of on-page seo.
- And if you have done this for all of your key pages, then one can assure you that you are miles ahead of a lot of competitors.
The next part and arguably most important piece of ranking high on google is Off- page seo
Off page seo often refers to link building.
Link Building :-
Link building is the process of getting other websites to link to your web-pages.
- Basically, links acts as votes or other people vouching for your website saying Hey, these people are really good at what they do and I trust them enough that I would send my visitors to their website.
- It works in the similar way that you would refer your friend to buy a product from whatever store because you have tried it, used it and loved it.
- In general, the more quality back links you can get from relevant pages, the higher you will rank in google.
- Now I am putting the emphasis here on the word “quality”, because there are a lot of different types of links you can get from like forums, directories, and editorial links to name a few.
- But if you think about it, a place like a forum where virtually anyone can place a link, will likely hold less value than a link from someone’s else’s blog.
- But to clear other types of links will still hold some kind of value, but probably not as much as links like editorial would.
- So, if you are focusing on quality, then you will probably want to prioritize editorial links and the main way to get links from other people’s blogs is through something that seo often refer to as “out-reach”.
- And out-reach is exactly the way its sounds, you are contacting people and asking them for a link.
There are three things that you need in order to make your out-reach campaigns more successful.
- You need people who are actually interested in the stuff that you do-First you need to identify people who are interested in what you are doing. The most common one in the content of link building are websites that have already linked to your competitors.
- You need good reason to contact them- It is because we have something relevant to their piece.
- You need a pitch that someone benefits them- And of course, you have to give some rights to publish your content, which also benefits them.
- As a side note, it doesn’t mean that someone will publish my content or give me a link.
- As a general “rule of thumb”, the better the “excuse” you can come up with to contact the author, the better your chance will be to get the link.
- Another good reason to contact some-one is to offer a guest post.
- Blog owners are always on the hunt for new content and since your site is new, you will be getting in front of someone else’s audience in exchange for some of your time and content. Where you could easily use some water marked photos that you have taken.
- With guest posts, your reason to contact them is pretty reasonable and you will be providing value, which is free content (that should be good) that benefits them or their website.
- The next out-reach prospect you can find are businesses in a lateral non-competing niche. For example- As a wedding photographer, you might want to contact other local flower shops, reception halls and wedding planner.
- By this your business goes hand in hand and you can pass on referrals to each other. You can link back to each other as a “preferred vendor” or link to other content in guest posts where it’s relevant.
- And this is not limited to just local businesses this applies to every one.
- So find some solid partners who are on that same journey as you in a lateral niche and help each other out.